Thursday 25 November 2004

teaching?

It's a day like this that makes me have second thoughts about teaching. I have a headache from students coming up to me when I want them to be sitting and reading. I've had fights over the computer. One student is ripping mad that another gets some special treatment. The student who gets special treatment is not cooperative even with her extra priviledges. She's been lying on the floor and refusing to do things. She takes over the computer when she's supposed to be reading or doing some toher work. We had indoor recess and I had a meeting at lunch with the peer helpers. I haven't had a minute to myself yet today. Thankfully, the students are now in the gym for activity day, so I have some time to think.

The students are not always badly behaved. I think that the weather and the indoor recess is also hard for them. They're cranky and so am I: not a good combination. Jenny noticed I'm a bit agitated. I think sometimes that I won't like being a teacher. But I often think this on troublesome days. That's not a good time to make a decision. Being so busy and stressed outside of school also gives pause to my complaining about the job. I need to get through this difficult time.

2 comments:

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

Hello Sarah,
I have been reading your blog.
I do not know what email to write yo at. Can you please send me it at my dal account. Glad to hear your working and things are goign well.
It's been too long

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

Hi Sare! Glad you are enjoying blogging. I will start blogging again too now that I know someone else is out there reading it. :)

Talk to you next Sunday. Same time same freqency.

Over, over.