Thursday 31 January 2008

daily devotions

I really love Bible reading. (I'm so pleased about reading through the Bible last year. It was hard but worth it.) My perennial struggle, on the other hand, is maintaining a routine of prayer. I have been stuck in the mire of prayerlessness for such a long time. I finally had an idea that seems so obvious I wish I had thought of it long ago. I have a routine Bible reading time every morning and I decided to make that my prayer time instead. I feel as though I will be motivated to make time later in the day for my reading because I enjoy it, and I'll have the benefit of a ready-made routine that I can use for my prayer. I am using the book Face to Face (Kenneth Boa) at the moment, to help keep me on piste.


I received my new Bible from Canada and so I am using my Dad's new New Testament reading plan, which has the books grouped by writers and backgrounds. It starts with Mark, 1 & 2 Peter, and Jude. (I can provide copies by email to anyone who is interested in seeing it all.)

No comments: