Monday 4 August 2008

Audrey Hepburn! and miscellaneous


Here is a photo Tawnya took last week while we were at Madame Tussauds.

Tawnya and I went out for some shopping and sightseeing this weekend and I saw some cool outfit ideas. I didn't buy anything except some scarves. I am trying out Mum's idea, "shop at home first". So I am looking for ideas when I am out and then seeing if I already own the clothes to make them. Like this dress outfit I saw at Uniqlo. I own a plain black dress and coloured tights that I could wear like this.


Here are some other outfits that I really liked that I think I may be able to approximate. I like that they are all quite simple and sleek.



Continuing with the miscellanea, last week we ate some Anya potatoes. They were on sale at Sainsbury's so I thought I would give them a try.


Here is what the package said about how they got their name.


This got me thinking. Usually a new item is named after the discoverer/inventor/researcher. What I want to know is how often is an item named after the discoverer's/inventor's/researcher's spouse? Can you think of any other examples?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

About your musings over the name of the potatoes.... we lived on a street in Canada where the owner of the land was given the opportunity to choose the street name when he sold it to the town. He named it after his wife. Okay, not quite an invention but kind of in the same theme.