Friday 20 July 2007

end of term party

What a relief to be finished school for the year! It feels great to have 6 weeks of holiday stretching ahead of me. On Wednesday evening the staff went on a boat trip. We met at a pier in Kingston and the boat went down and then back up the Thames between there and Richmond. It was so peaceful and relaxing to be drifting along the river. The photo I took is not a great one, but you can see that the river is calm and the surroundings were residential.


We saw quite a few rowers and kayakers. It made me want to be out on the water. I've kayaked a few times in Halifax and loved it. Once was for Sonya's bachelorette trip and one was with the Tall Ships' Parade of Sail. If it seems viable this summer I'd like to go out in a boat at some point. One of my colleagues was an Olympic rower and she said it made her want to get out on the water again as well (which is something she hasn't done in years since becoming a teacher and having kids). In my end of term relief and euphoria I suggested we go hire a boat together. What was I thinking? She was an Olympian! Sheesh. I was trying to make friends but maybe I have bitten off more than I can chew with that suggestion.

No comments: