Tuesday 27 October 2009

Barbican


Yesterday I went into the city to see my friend Dave. We had lunch at The Cloister Cafe in Great St Bart's Church. The food was delicious and it was enjoyable to catch up with Dave. We had a very relaxing lunch.

Then Dave walked me over to the Barbican Centre where he now lives. It's a big council housing estate unlike any other I have seen. It's built above the streets of the area with raised walkways and communal gardens.


There's a lake with a small waterfall and it is very quiet even though the busy streets are nearby. I walked through the Barbican Centre, an arts venue which is part of the estate.


My main plan over half term is to eat in cafes. Cafes with friends, or with a good book, or with marking.

1 comment:

Jayme said...

That sounds like a wonderful plan! Wish I was there to eat with you!