Friday 1 January 2010

New Year's Eve


Ant, Mum, Dad, Jeff, and I went over to Grammie and Grandad's for our end of the year celebrations. Everyone felt quite mellow so it was a quiet evening of cards, reading, and eating.


I was practicing with my new camera while the others were playing cards. Ant loves 45s and he looks forward to the family games all year.


Mum and Jeff were looking at Grandad's new reference book and saw that on the alphabets page, the Chinese characters were the text of John 3:16. Jeff pointed out a few words since each character represents one word. It must be so hard to learn Chinese! The characters are pronounced differently for Mandarin and Cantonese.


At about eleven o'clock we had a snack of crisps, nachos, and cakes. Grammie served these fruit cake bars and Hello Dolly squares (below). "I wonder why they are called Hello Dolly squares." I asked. Without missing a beat, Grandad quipped, "They can't even talk back!"

1 comment:

Jayme said...

mmmmm...Hello Dolly Squares...my favourite!