Sunday 5 March 2006

encouragement

I have been a bit discouraged at work lately. One of my colleagues tried to cheer me up. He said that any time I feel like complaining, I should sit up straight, tummy in, head high, and smile. Then I should try to say, "I'm depressed." If I whine about work I should do so with a smile on my face, because it's very hard to stay frustrated when you are forcing yourself to smile. He's right!

On the other hand, it can be hard to force yourself to smile without a reason.... Ant was humming a song today and he said I should use it as a reminder of a good reason to smile: God with me. He said he didn't even know why he was humming it. He concluded it must have been God giving it to him so he could encourage me.
I lift my eyes up
to the mountains;
where does my help come from?
it comes from you, Lord,
maker of heaven,
creator of the earth.

Oh, how I need you, Lord,
you are my only hope,
you are my only prayer.
So I will wait for you
to come and rescue me,
to come and give me life.

This week I'll be trying to sing this song and complain with a smile on my face! I have a reason to keep on working at a hard job: God is with me and I show him my faithfulness by serving my students.

No comments: