Tuesday 10 October 2006

thanksgiving


Ant and I managed to pull off a little Thanksgiving dinner last night. Ant was the impetus for it, buying us a little roasting chicken with sage stuffing. We made roast potatoes, roast parsnips, boiled potatoes, honey glazed carrots, steamed broccoli and cauliflower, and gravy. With the help of a store-bought pastry I made a pumpkin pie. We were so pleased about having pulled it all off! This was the first Thanksgiving that I have managed to celebrate away from home. It was well worth the trouble. And I took leftovers and pie to school today. Everyone in the staffroom who tried some pie liked it.

2 comments:

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

Wow Sare you've been posting and I've gotten behind. Must go read. Postings to follow.

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

making a pie - now that is effort. I have only ever made one adn it was coconut cream - for K - before we got married and it sat in his fridge until he threw it out. He it was the worse food I ever made him... what is your secert to good pie. My friend Amy told me she puts baby food in hers so she does not have to puree it.