Tuesday 7 February 2006

day eleven and other surprises

It's been a while. Matt and April's blog has inspired me to at least write a bit more reguarly. But I find it hard to understand how they can be consistently so funny. I guess some people are just more funny deep down, like Ant. I like to think that I am a more reflective type.

I have been off sick from school for two days. I actually wanted to go in today. Now that's a change of heart for me. It was day eleven today, the day of completely off-timetable activities. Sounds like fun, but it can be horrible. It's not too well organised. But Owen and I are running a maths fun day each time and it's not too bad. We've been teaching our group card tricks and doing little investigations; lots of colouring, not too much brain power, hopefully. We're looking to hire a magician who can teach the children some card tricks.

Valentine's is approaching and I am on the lookout for a good present for Ant. I was thinking about buying tickets to go see an Everton game in London. But his friend Benoit has eclipsed me and is taking Ant to a game tomorrow. I am too poor to afford the TV Ant really wants. I managed to find a wine-tasting tour that might do the trick, though. If I don't see anything more inspiring in the next few days, I'll go for that.

I have been growing my hair. Even before Ant and I got engaged he demanded that I grow my hair for the wedding. I liked my pixie cut, but I agreed that I would grow it at least until the wedding. Well, now it's been growing for more than a year and a half and it is quite long!

No comments: