Thursday 16 February 2006

great Valentine's day

Ant and I celebrated Valentine's day on Wednesday (15 February). Ant gets home from uni earlier on Wednesday so we had more time to have dinner together. I booked us a table at a restaurant just up the road from us called Ditto. We have gone there for delicious drinks a couple of times and always wanted to try the restaurant. The meals we had were really good, the atmosphere quite nice, and the price not too bad as well. We had a great time.

I wore the top from my wedding dress. When I had the dress made for the wedding, I planned it in two pieces so that I could wear them again separately for special occasions. This was my first chance to do so.

I got a great present from Ant. He bought me the book How to Walk in High Heels by Camilla Morton. I had laughed once when we saw it in the book shop once and he remembered. It lives up to its claim of being "the girl's guide to everything." It's hilarious and quite comprehensive. The section about high heels includes advice on how to select a heel, how to know when to wear a heel, how to put a heel on, and how to aisle glide. "Fact: supermarket aisles are the perfect place to practice your glide. Not only do you get to stock up on all your groceries and wow the locals but you can get up to twenty-four aisles' worth of runway-smooth surface to practice on, while being supported by a trolley, the ultimate stabiliser for a novice stiletto wearer."

Ms Morton discusses how to walk in heels on all surfaces, such as carpet, pavements, marble, and cobblestones ("the HORROR of all HORRORS"). There's a mini article by Manolo Blahnik, "the patron saint of the stiletto", about how to choose a shoe. Other chapters have information about getting everything into your handbag, how to play poker, how to love art, how to house hunt, how to get a mortgage, and how to make curtains. This book is hours of fun and informative too!

2 comments:

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

Hi Sare!

I recognise that top!!! But it looks pink in the pic.

Wow you blog like everyday. it is hard to keep up with you.

Sonya

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sarah. I recognize that top too! I think it looked more like fabric when I first saw it! Still looks great on you. Watch for a letter by snail mail.Really enjoying "touring" with you.

Wendy