Monday 20 February 2006

marking, Liverpool, and London

I went into work today. I have put off my marking for so long that it is now an insurmountable task. I marked for about four hours today and didn't even get through one class of the five. It's going to be a long week, since I really should do them all. I also have some unit planning to do that my colleagues need to start teaching from when we get back next week. Sigh.

I really want to do some fun things this week as well. We're going to Liverpool on the weekend. We'll stay with Ant's grandparents and see the rest of his family and friends. I also want to do some sight-seeing in London. I haven't really been to see all that much of the city, so I think this is a chance for me to do that.

On that line of thought, I went with Bree to Portabello Road market on Saturday. It's a long street lined with stalls and shops that goes on for more than a kilometer. There's a lot of vintage and fashion jewellery, antiques, clothes by young designers, fruit and vegetables, and flea market stalls. I bought two pairs of pearl earrings and Bree got a brooch. We were hungry by the time we got to the food stands, and so we picked up some lunch to eat as we walked. It was such a fun time to mingle with the hundreds of people there and look at everything on sale.

1 comment:

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

Hi Sare!
Glad to see you learned how to post pics.

Thanks for everyone else's blog... how did you ever find them?
s