Monday 3 April 2006

Lyndhurst is a lovely little village with quaint shops and narrow streets. We had lunch at a cafe, and browsed in the little shops for most of the afternoon. We finished with a stop for tea and cakes (yum--apple toffee fudge cake). Our cycle home on the road was scary but after a few stress breaks I made it back. We were all tired and a nice night in with food and wine was very enjoyable.

On Sunday we had another great breakfast and then headed out to a village called Beaulieu. Jayme bought some beautiful fake roses for her bridesmaids, and I got a present for my mother. (Heehee, my mum may read this and she will wonder what it is! Cackle, cackle.) We had a roast dinner at a nearby pub--I had roast beef, roast potatoes and parsnips, Yorkshire pudding, green beans, mangetouts, and cauliflower, with masses of gravy.

No comments: